Argument & Counterargument

 

My main research question is what exactly is in Area 51. When researching the topic, I found an overwhelming amount of information supporting the idea that Area 51 was used for the military’s testing site for technologies such as spy planes. After reading through the information and noticing that it is backed up by CIA documentation (which is now released) and numerous veterans, to me this information was the closest thing to the truth. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that Area 51 is likely a base used for the testing of military planes such as the U-2 and A-177.

A source that I mainly use to showcase the counter-argument in my paper is a documentary, Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers. The documentary shows evidence that can lead viewers to believe that Area 51 is used for alien and UFO research. In short, the film discusses Bob Lazar, a physicist who claims to have worked on reverse-engineering a UFO at S-4, a facility a part of Area 51. Although some of Lazar’s claims have proven to be true, such as those regarding his credentials and machines he saw in S-4, I have to disagree with his claim. Lazar does not have strong direct evidence that showcases that he worked at S-4 and more specifically on UFOs. No one has publicly come out and supported Lazar nor is there documentation to back up his claim. Nevertheless, his story went viral throughout many decades from when he first publicized his story, in the late 1980s to now. Taking his claims into account, the debate I see emerging in my sources is whether Area 51 is used for alien/UFO research or the testing of military planes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topic of Consideration

Literature Review #1

Scouting the Area (51)